- INDERMIL® flexifuze™ is indicated for the closure of skin wounds, including laparoscopic incisions and trauma-induced lacerations and may be used in conjunction with deep dermal stitches.
- In vitro studies have shown that INDERMIL® flexifuze™ will stay in place for 5-8 days acting as a physical barrier to microbial penetration as long as the adhesive ﬁlm remains intact.
Most frequent questions and answers
What is INDERMIL® flexifuze™?
INDERMIL® flexifuze™ Topical Tissue Adhesive is a sterile, liquid topical tissue adhesive composed of an Octyl blend cyanoacrylate formulation.
Where is INDERMIL® flexifuze™ used?
INDERMIL® flexifuze™ is used by medical professionals in the Emergency room or Operating room. INDERMIL® flexifuze™ is indicated for the closure of skin wounds, including laparoscopic incisions and trauma-induced lacerations and may be used in conjunction with deep dermal stitches.
- Topical trauma wound closure – ER and OR.
- Closure after laparoscopic incisions/key hole surgery.
- Skin Grafts.
- Closure of large wounds / Incisions where subcutaneous sutures are needed – i.e. C-Sections.
Why should I choose INDERMIL® flexifuze™?
INDERMIL® flexifuze™ is a flexible, strong wound closure adhesive that works fast without additional pain to the patient. The patient can also shower immediately after the adhesive has polymerised.
The patented brush tip technology allows for uniform dispense giving optimum wound coverage.
Will INDERMIL® flexifuze™ heat up when applied to the skin?
No, there is no discernible increase in heat during the polymerisation of the adhesive on skin.
How is INDERMIL® flexifuze™ supplied?
INDERMIL flexifuze is supplied in a see through device composed of a glass ampoule, plastic tube and tip. An alternate silicone brush tip is also supplied in the blister pack.
There are 12 blister packs per carton.
What is the shelf life of INDERMIL® flexifuze™?
The shelf life of INDERMIL® flexifuze™ is 24 months when stored at room temperature 4-30°C.
How many times can I use INDERMIL® flexifuze™?
An INDERMIL flexifuze device comes with 0.75g of adhesive and an extended working life which allows for enough time and adhesive for multiple uses on a single patient.
Can INDERMIL® flexifuze™ be used inside the body?
INDERMIL flexifuze is only indicated for use topically.
If required, can the wound be re-opened after the adhesive is dried?
In the very rare case, where a healthcare professional needs to access the wound, sterile warm saline solution can be gently applied to the wound to remove the cured adhesive.